Axion BioSystems, a life science company located in Atlanta, GA, has developed the industry’s first high-throughput microelectrode array (MEA) product line. MEAs are used for the in vitro investigation of networks of electrically active cells (e.g. neurons, cardiac cells, and muscle cells) for screening compounds, chemicals, toxins etc... When combined with modern cell culture technologies, Axion’s platform allows scientists to model human heart-beats and brain activity in a dish. Axion’s products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies, governmental agencies, and universities for drug safety, drug discovery, and disease modeling assays.
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager.
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) provides proactive leadership and strategic direction in the areas of production planning/scheduling, inventory control, and procurement. The SCM is responsible for all processes, systems, and system data, and optimizing the flow of materials, products, and information in a manner which efficiently support the manufacturing processes and customer requirements. Atlanta candidate preferred.
- Update and convert software systems into new cloud based ERP system
- Establish supply chain management quality with suppliers
- Manage multiple accounts and customer orders for on time delivery
- Run weekly planning meeting and drive resources for deliverables
- Establish effective FIFO system to manage inventory
- Manage electronically inventory counts and optimize financial gap to actuals
- Meet on time delivery of parts to manufacturing with zero shortage for production
- Order management and focus on zero errors to meet customer requirements
- Forecast analysis and adjustment to demand planning to optimized inventory
- Production scheduling of materials and set priority aligned to customer demand
- Run Materials Review Board (MRB) for disposition of production materials
- Manage both domestic and international shipments including customs requirements
- Education (BS Supply Chain, Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Supply Chain leadership role, preferably in a manufacturing environment with hands-on experience directing the process which includes the planning of procurement, production, inventory control, forecasting, scheduling, logistics and distribution.
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and process system oriented.
- Proficient with databases, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software
- Strong ERP/MRP system experience (reports, management, data input, analytics)
- APICS certification preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing TQM, ISO, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma is preferred.
- Accountability, Change Agent, Flexible, Communications, Simplifies the Complex, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Commitment to Excellence, Leadership
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.