Axion BioSystems, a life science company located in Atlanta, GA, has developed the industry’s first high-throughput microelectrode array (MEA) product line. MEAs are used for the in vitro investigation of networks of electrically active cells (e.g. neurons, cardiac cells, and muscle cells) for screening compounds, chemicals, toxins etc... When combined with modern cell culture technologies, Axion’s platform allows scientists to model human heart-beats and brain activity in a dish. Axion’s products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies, governmental agencies, and universities for drug safety, drug discovery, and disease modeling assays.
We are currently seeking a Hardware Assembly Technician.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
(Electronic-Mechanical Hardware Assembly and Testing)
Hours: First Shift (6:00 AM to 2:30 PM)
Job Status: Full time
The assembly technician will be responsible for production highly integrated electronics products used in the medical/pharmaceutical field. The position requires close attention to detail, quality, and accountability to follow all set processes. Position requires three to five years of related experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assembly of hardware sub-assemblies and fully integrated products
- Loading of software and testing of system performance
- Trouble-shooting issues with hardware and taking corrective measures
- Maintain safe and clean work areas to support production
- Record information as required for product processing
- Assemble per work instructions and ensure no deviations
- Management of components to ensure quality is maintained
- Utilize online tracking system and ensure proper movement of products
- Manage inventory and ensure correct counts are maintained
- AA degree (Electronics, Assembly, Mechanical)
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable for all process systems
- Adherence to time schedule and recording of clock in and out
- Cooperative, pro-active and customer-service oriented
- Must be able to count accurately, with attention to detail
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs repeatedly when needed
- Computer-literate including use of tracking software
- Previous experience with laboratory or chemical manufacturing environment
- Position is subject to pre-employment background check and drug testing
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.